Performance Art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESW1cpQ31og

For my performance art Steph, Kamryn and I went around handing out balloons to random people on campus.  I found this to be a lot of fun because even though many of the people were confused it brought a smile to their face.  It was cool to see that such a small gesture like just handing someone a ballon can bring them a little bit of happiness to their day.  See the way people looked at us just walking around campus with balloons was also pretty entertaining.

Coming up with an idea for to do was probably one of the hardest part of the assignment.  Wr originally had a different idea and tried it out but it was not successful.  We then came up with the balloon idea which from the reactions we got from people they seemed to enjoy the small gesture of receiving a balloon.

I enjoyed doing this project because it brought me out of my comfort zone by having to go up to people I did not know and have to interact with them.  I feel like this was a good exercise to get people to think.  Also by getting them out of their shell a little bit more.

The Freezing people in Grand Central Station I think was a great way to get reactions out of people.  This got a lot of interesting reactions from the people who had no clue what was going on because how would you feel if you were in a very busy place and all at once hundreds of people just stopped moving.  I enjoy the reactions the best from the audience better than the performance to be honest.

Another performance art that was pretty cool, was the one with Oprah and the Black Eyed Peas.  At first it was interesting seeing only one person dancing.  When I first started watching it I was really confused by the sight of only one person dancing in this giant crowd.  As the song began to go on more and more people start to dance and the way it came together was very cool

Lastly the Hallelujah signing video in the mall was very interesting to see because most of all the reactions from the people just sitting around having a meal.  With this being said seeing the people singing and the expressions on their faces and that they are having fun performing for just total strangers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grid Project

Video Deconstruction

My First Post