Video Deconstruction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wASs3pnfaGo

This Piece I used an old project from COM 241.  The video describe the paranoia that people have of the concept of death.  This project definitely made me think about what I could do with this short movie of mine.  I soon thought that it could work perfectly as a horror short film.  This made the project some what easier because the footage worked so well as horror clips.

So what I did was I completely made the footage black and white which gave the film a more ominous feeling.  I did not want to do much editing on the video itself, but focused more on the sound effects.  I think that the sound is the biggest part of horror films.  The fact that sound has a big part in what we fear is why I was focusing on it more.

This project was one of the more enjoyable projects because we were able to create something from scratch and turn it into something more than what it started out as.  It also gave people the power to completely make something that was not theirs, their own.  

Comments

  1. You did a great job of using cinematic effects to create a strong tone/mood. Your use of lighting/video filters, sound effects, actions etc worked perfectly to make the shots and video come off creepy and scary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grid Project

My First Post