My First Post

Hi my name is Eric Lax, and I am currently a junior studying Digital Art.  I am from New Jersey like so many other students.  I came into college no know what I wanted to major in. To me this was completely fine because it gave me the opportunity to see what kind of thing i really was passionate about.  I had originally declared my major to be  education but soon realized it was not something I really wanted to do so I went back to being undecided.  I then went to being a business major but the same thing happened when I saw what classes I would have to take did not excite me so once again I was back to undecided.  It wanted until the start of my second semester at UT that I realized while taking Beginning to Digital Art that I decided I wanted to study Digital Art.  This was all by chance that this happened because i asked a friend a fun class to take and he recommended that intro class and I am so grateful I took it.

This past summer I had my first internship working as a graphic designer.  My internship was in Paris, France which is one of the biggest art countries in the world.  This was the best experience I have had doing work in the field of my study because I can take what I learned from being in another country into this class because I feel like we would will have to take from our own experiences in this class.

This class is a prime example of what makes being a Digital Art major so much fun because there seems to be so many different aspects of everyday life that can be turned into some sort of art project.  Although this class will have a lot of work that goes into it the work seems fun which makes it interesting.  I also really like that we will be learning about the old and the new aspects of technology that many consider an art.  I am just excited to get the semester started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grid Project

Video Deconstruction